If you want to learn more about our neck of the woods, check out some of these interesting links (most are from my hometown of Stow, MA, but you will see there are others):
- Honey-Pot Hill Orchard, Shelburne Farm, and Carver Hill Orchard, a few of the several apple orchards in Stow that our whole family has visited annually since I was a kid. Now that we've moved here we also visit One Stack Farm and Derby Farm. See also Anne VanTine's Celebration of Apples pages and Jennifer Gero's Simply Apples online store.
- Small Farm and Applefield Farm are home-grown places to find fresh vegetables and cut flowers.
- Blogs: Graeme Robinson's Stow Community Gardens talks about our relatively new public gardening community. Dan Foster's Stow Outdoors and Delaney WMA showcase the outdoors and wildlife. Bill Hensen's Discover Stow. David Mark's Maynard Life Outdoors. Stow Acres Turf.
- Butternut Farm Golf Club and Stow Acres Country Club, two great golf courses. There is also the private Wedgewood Pines Country Club and public the 9-hole Stowaway Golf Course.
- There are many nearby attractions worth visiting: Wachusett Brewery, Nashoba Winery, Nashoba Valley Ski Area, Verrill Farm, Bolton Orchards, Berlin Orchards, Roller Kingdom, Navin Ice Rink, DeCordova Museum, Fruitlands Museum, Concord Museum, Acton Discovery Museum, Drumlin Farm, Codman Community Farm, Acton Jazz Cafe, Firefly's BBQ, and Dante's Blues.
January 2011 Note: This page will soon be updated with a better layout and more comprehensive links.